Different Refinement options?

hello! I’m new to all this CFD business. I’m trying to use a project similar to 1 I am trying to do so I can learn what and why things were done. When I go to the mesh refinement though I’m finding that my options are entirely different than the sample I’m using for reference. Is there a reason for this?

For example, the project I’m looking at has a Surface Refinement, Feature Refinement, 2 different Region Refinements, and a Bounding Box layer. For my object I only have Region refinement, Local Element Size and Inflate Boundary layer. They also have Geometry Primitives available while my geometry does not.

Is there a reason for these differences that I’m missing? Were some features recently deleted? Just seems odd that no public project or tutorial that I can find has anything laid out or available as mentioned everywhere else.

Hey, @racer113 !

Different meshing algorithms have different types of refinements available. From your description, it sounds like your reference project is using some sort of hex-dominant mesh, while you’re using the Standard meshing tool in your project.

Please have a look at this documentation about the standard meshing tool, which should have a description of its setup. There’s also a step-by-step tutorial using the standard meshing tool, if you’d like to have a look.

1 Like

Will take a look for sure. Thanks man!