Different Data values in Saved State vs. Loaded from Solution Fields

Another hair puller…

I am resorting to 3 images that are worth 3000 words :upside_down_face: :

So what is the real data range for my yPlus Values, (be careful, it is not even obvious after you play with it a while)?

Here is a [debugging copy of that project][Deleted by author]so i can keep working on the original. (EDIT: this project was deleted after I found the solution to this issue)

Have fun,
Dale

Hi @DaleKramer and sorry for the small delay.

First of, I do not see a problem here because the scaling can be adapted at any given time. There is in fact no “real range” - it depends on which value you are looking at which might either be “Stress at which a component is failing”, “Yplus”, “Maximal Strain” etc.

You just have to make sure to look for the maximum number of “yplus” which would be too big in the case depicted above - between 30 and 300 is fine. Not sure if you saw the post about yplus in the SimWiki already.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to do so :slight_smile:

Cheers and thanks again for your great engagement Dale!

Jousef

1 Like

Sorry, but this has to do with my confidence in what I am seeing on the screen. A ‘trust level’ thing :wink:

This IS the same data parameter, supposedly in exactly the same ‘state’.

I open a saved state and do not ‘see’ what I saw when I was viewing the data at the time when I saved it.

Not only that, but when I tell the program to recalculate the Max and Mins of the parameter, it tells me totally different values (not off by a little).

All three images should have exactly the same color map, as they should all be set to the Max/Min range, which they clearly do not.

How confident does that make you feel?

I am not sure how you can not see this as a problem, what am I missing? :upside_down_face:

I guess I needed more than 3000 words to get this across :slight_smile:

EDIT: More words :slight_smile: … Look at the first two images, both show the parameter yPlus[point_data]. Both color mapping legends are the SAME. — Then the colored images should be the same in my opinion and they are NOT … Again, what am I missing? I am so confused :disappointed_relieved:

Yes I saw that a few days ago, good background!

I found the issue… Yeah :smile:

The saved state does not open up in the same state it was saved as.

It shows data for Time/Frame 0, not the frame it was saved at. :boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:

This is just not right, please fix it for us newbies who expect to see the same screen as when it was saved and don’t actually move the frame # around yet…

Thanks,
Dale

@DaleKramer, yep this is quite a known about the issue. However since we are moving into a new direction with the new post processor, this is unlikely to get fixed on this version, however, when saved states are available in the new post processor I would expect this to work. Maybe let’s see what the next couple of releases brings us :slight_smile:

Best,
Darren

2 Likes