Design and simulation of an animal waste incinerator

Hello guys, it’s the 1st time I’ve heard about SIMSCALE software and I´m so excited to learn about how to use it. In the company where I work (hipernova.mx) we’re designing an animal waste incinerator which will use biogas as the unique fuel. The data that we have avialable according to some calculus we’ve done are the following:

• Main chamber volume: 4.2 m3 (where you can dispose 1.5 - 2 Tons of animal waste)
  • Average calorific power of the animal waste (4,000 - 5,000 kCal/kg).
  • Average calorific power of the biogas used: 5 - 6 kWh/m3
  • Range of thermal power of the burners: 200-600 kW

The ciritcal information we want to obtain with the simulation it’s the following:

• Time the burning cycle is going to take to incinerate the 1.5 - 2 Tons. of animal waste.
  • The amount of pollutant emissions so we can validate if the desing complies with the mexican ambiental normatives.
  • The temperature distribution inside the 1st and 2nd chambers. (Inside the 1st one the animal waste is disposed, and in the 2nd one the steams prodyced by the incineration are burned). Pleas tell me if you need and additional info.

We would like to know if it’s possible to simulate the animal mass inside the 1st chamber

Thank you guys for your responses and i’ll be glad in be in touch with you.

Hello, and thank you for using the Forum!

Regarding simulating chemical reactions and phase changes, currently, these specific features are not available on SimScale platform. However, there could be still ways to gain valuable insights into heat distribution within parts.

One option could be to create heat transfer simulations to analyze how heat is distributed inside the components. This approach assumes that you have information about the resultant power or heat generated after the reactions. By understanding the heat distribution, you can assess the impact of the reactions on the thermal behavior of the system.

Feel free to add your thoughts, suggestions, or vote for these features on the SimScale product roadmap.

I hope these information would be beneficial,
Kaan.

1 Like