Delete bodies feature in CAD Mode

I’m working on CFD analysis for a Formula Student team. I have successfully finished a couple of simulations already, and this is the first time I have encountered this problem. So, the model geometry loads up just fine, without any parts missing. Also, external flow volume is created without any issues. However, when I use the delete bodies feature in order to get the adequate flow region, it acts as if the model has no undertray. I’m a bit puzzled, because the only differing element from last iteration is an added splitter in front of the venturi tunnels.

Hi @petarvuleta,

Thanks for posting your question. Could you please share the project link with us? It would be awesome to take a close look at the issue and to show you how to fix that.

Cheers,

Of course, where can I send the link to you privately? Also, when I created the project I marked “share with support” field, so I don’t know if that helps in any way.

Hi @petarvuleta,

That is interesting once I don’t see any issue about your model, undertray or other stuff…

Please let me know the missing point for me.
Best,

That’s the latest one, that for some reason works. Check out ModelE20_7, that is the one I had an issue with. I’m confident I can manage to get it to work if I change the tools used in the model slightly. I just found it interesting, since no errors popped up during flow field creation, but once I used “delete bodies” feature it acted as if the model had no undertray.

Hi @petarvuleta,

Checking the ModelE20_7 is possible to see that was just missing a Body Deletion operation. I just applied that and then your volume extraction seems perfect. Please let me know if I’m missing something.

Best,

Correct me if I’m wrong, but to me it seems that whole undertray is missing once i delete bodies. Here are pictures showing the model and the flow region.

As I said, I think I know what to correct in model in order for it to work, as it does in ModelE20_9, but I just don’t understand why it fails to delete all bodies if the program doesn’t find any issues in the geometry during the flow field creation.

1 Like

Hi @petarvuleta,

It’s awesome that you know what was causing the problem there! :slight_smile:

It doesn’t fail to delete all bodies once you must agree with me that the “body” causing the problem was not a body, it was surface sheets without solid structure. And we both know that is quite different of a solid body in terms of CAD model.

If it happens with a solid body without any error message, then we will have an issue. But thank you very much for highlight that case! And please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions :slight_smile:

Best,