Default to "Surface" instead of "Surfaces with Wireframe" when clicking on the mesh or simulation model

• Which feature do you need? Default to “Surface” instead of “Surfaces with Wireframe” when clicking on the mesh or simulation model
  • What is the problem that you want to address with this feature? When you have a slow connection or a slow graphics card, it would speed up bringing up the model if it defaulted to Surfaces. Many times, I just want to change a BC value, but I have to wait for the mesh to load.
  • What is the expected outcome? When opening up a mesh or simulation model, the default selection for viewing the geometry is Surfaces instead of Surfaces with Wireframe. Or maybe make a settings option so users can choose.
  • Can you share application examples, ideally with project links on SimScale? No example to share, really. More of an annoyance / time sink.

I agree here, when I go back home and want to log into SimScale it takes ages, maybe some ‘personal preferences’ would be good. Also, I think maybe simulation designer should default to surfaces without edges whilst preprocessing defaults to with surfaces as that is likely where you are going to inspect the mesh.

Kind regards,
Darren