There has been a recent improvement to the way project sorting is handled on the user Dashboard. I like what has been done here but I would like to propose some further enhancements.
- The user should be able to search directly from the Dashboard without having to first click on “view all” projects.
- The UI should preserve search results while going in and out of various projects. With the recent improvements the user can now use their browser’s back button but there should also be a UI navigation option e.g. clicking on the Dashboard menu item should return the user to the search results rather than the default Dashboard.
- For me, performing a search is quite slow first time around. It is faster on subsequent searches. Can the initial search be sped up somehow? Maybe by preempting a search when the user first logs in.
- The user should be able to group projects into folders and sub-folders.
- Items listed under My Latest Simulation Jobs should be hyperlinked to the relevant simulation/meshing operation.