Convergence not reaching CFD

Hello everyone,

I’ve been working on a personal project. An invented car, and then simulate it.
Create differents aeromaps for different configurations… For a personal student project.

The problem Is when I Run the simulation. The convergence plots look like this:

The K is not quite flat, is still oscilating too much to say that it has converged.

The Forces are not stable by far…

The link for the project is here. The case from the picture is the case of Pitch 2Deg & -20mm the Run 3 or Run 4.

Could someone help me to solve this issue or explain my why is not converging, I run 2000 iterations ,but at half of it run out of memory. I think that this is not the problem, because it should be converging al ready at half of the iterations…

Best regards, thank you all.

Jaime

Hi Jaime!

Often you can couple the wiggles in the convergence plots to physical phenomena like separation and reattachment. Could also be that there are some settings that can optimize the convergence issue also considering the fact that the force is not converging. CFD Squad, do you mind having a quick look at the setup from Jaime?

Thanks and take care!

Jousef

Hi @jousefm and @cfd_squad

Thanks for your reply. I run another simulation, but it runs out of runtime (1485 iterations and was set to 1500).
I tried to download the iteration 1485 but I couldn’t. I also tried to run to iteration 1501 but I couldn’t either.
Do you know if it’s possible to download the last iteration computed or there’s no way if I set the writing step as 1500 (last one)?

Now the plots look a bit different (Force plots). I think that there is not a clear conversion from the residuals because the fluid detaches in the edges of the profile due to the lateral velocity applied as a boundary condition (simulating yaw effect) and then reattaches, generating some divergence and difficulty to solve for the actual mesh refinement applied there. The main problem here would be Geometry sharp and difficult to stay attached.
I’ll assume that the simulation has converged roughly. I’ll run another one for 1400 steps and be able to save it.

What do you think about it, any recommendation or way to increase the speed to reach 1500 iterations or even more?

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,

Jaime