Convergence Graph Glitch

Hi everyone!

A strange issue again. While running a simulation over a complex urban domain, the convergence graph stops at the 13th time step as seen in the project in “Case F Mesh 1 (U 0.4, Coarse)” and “Case F Mesh 2 (U 0.4, Coarse)”. Normally this usually would constitute a simulation error, but as I have set results controls of force values within the mesh to check for convergence, these values do indeed progress as per normal which means the simulation is indeed running normally.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

Hi @Get_Barried @jousefm

I had a similar phenomenon in my project :

at “Simulation - fp024a / Sidepod C - Radiator Duct D / Turning Vane V 2pcs”.

I just got the first page of the log and could not get any more log information,
but I can see the all forces and coefficients plot in “Post-Processor”.

They seem like some problems of “logging” or “web interface”.

Although my reply is not helpful just by confirming the events.

Regards,
Yosuke

1 Like

Hi @yosukegb4!

Thanks for the reply! Any confirmation or details about the issue are always more than welcome.

With that being said, it dosen’t seem like its an issue solvable on the user end :thinking:.

Cheers!

Regards,
Barry

1 Like

Hi @yosukegb4 & @Get_Barried!

Will create a ticket for that issue and keep you up-to-date! Thanks for the confirmation Yosuke!

Cheers!

Jousef

2 Likes

Quick update:

• @Get_Barried for your case we could not reproduce any issue. The plots look fine, they are about until the same time step where the simulation fails (1-2 steps might not yet be recorded when the run fails and thus will not show up). Maybe it was an issue with your internet connection.

• @yosukegb4 indeed your situation looks a bit different and we will have a look.

Best,
Richard

2 Likes

HI Richard,

Strange. The force results plots do progress as per normal. I’ve went ahead and re-run it again, seems like it convergence graph continues to stop at the 13th time step while the force plots continue progressing as per normal.

Cheers!

Regards,
Barry

Hi @Get_Barried,
I see - your graphs were updated once the analysis finished in contrast to @yosukegb4’s case.
We’ll investigate both issues, likely they are related.

Best,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Ah. Understood. Thank you so much!

Cheers!

Regards,
Barry

Hi all,
the problem should be fixed now. It would be great if you could confirm that the fix actually worked in both your cases @yosukegb4 and @Get_Barried.

Best,
Richard

2 Likes

Hi Richard!

I’m currently running one now. I assume that it will have to be a fresh run in order to see the fix?

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

Hi @Get_Barried,
indeed. You need to generate new data for it to work.

Best,
Richard

1 Like