Contacts not being generated in Conjugate heat transfer

Hi

I’m new to Simscale. I’m trying to do conjugate heat transfer analysis on a battery pack. For some reason, when I run imprint, no contacts are being generated. I need to make the thermal model of the battery pack. As there are no contacts, I can’t run the simulation. The link to the project is given below -

The model is made using Solidworks and was imported as an assembly file as per the requirements.

When I tried the same simulation with just the cells alone ( by removing the cell holders), there are no errors. Imprint works fine. But I need to get it done with the cell holders.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hey there!

I was able to make it work by re-uploading the CAD, then switching the order of operations: first the imprint on the solids, then creating the enclosure.

Take a look at my project:

Anyway, this is a huge amount of contacts, you might have trouble simulating this. I would suggest to consider a model simplification.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

When I checked the model today, I could see that all the contacts were generated. I think it is due to the complexity in the model, contact generation took so much time. The simulation time shown is very high. I’ll try making the model simpler.

1 Like