Conjugate Heat Transfer

Hiii

I tried simulating conjugate heat transfer problem for a single Li-cell (cylindrical body made of Al) using fluid and its coming out well.But when I tried simulating it for a group of cells there isnt enough temp rise taking place.
What could be the reason ??

here is the link (https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=4223648208082919523&rru=db7327c1-24ff-4ff5-b551-d81a2d2502be&ci=db1dafc9-4225-41ce-b24e-1af61c2e1ac7&ct=SOLUTION_FIELD&mt=SIMULATION_RESULT)

Regards
Adarsh

Hi Adharsh!

Could you explain what you mean with “isnt enough”? I assume you have no data to validate the results with, right? Imho the mesh fineness could be improved. Regarding the setup do you really want to have an “air package” around your batteries? If you want to have a simple heat transfer scenario embedded in a solid domain (air also possible) you can give Thermal Packaging a try.

Let me know if you have any other input data we can work with or if you have any additional questions.

Best,

Jousef

Hi !!!

Well what I meant was that when I tried with single cell, the temperature was increasing by some 5-10 degree C with a heat source of 0.6W
but the same when I tried with battery ( group of 4 cells ) it has hardly changed by 0.1 degree C with same heat source.

Actually I want to try out different fluids,I want to start with air and then carry on.

Regards
Adarsh

Hi Adarsh!

An important factor definitely is the different thermal properties of your fluid. The Prandtl number varies by the factor of 4 and also the Specific Heat difference is round about 1000 J/kg*K. I would test it with the same fluid properties and see how the results differ - hope that makes sense.

Best,

Jousef

Hi @jousefm sir !

I understood what you have mentioned. I would also like to know why the temperature is not rising even after giving a temperature source ?

Regards

Adarsh

Sorry Adarsh for the late response, did not see that this was still unanswered.

So I would remove the wall BC between the air and solid otherwise your BC will override the interface BC which will be automatically detected and no heat transfer takes place. Try that and let me know how the results look.

Best,

Jousef

Hi @jousefm sir !!

I removed the wall BC and tried simulating it and still there is no heat transfer.

Here is the link - https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=4223648208082919523&rru=ad16562f-9f70-4c66-9c78-492b649f9ae6&ci=e6812b69-46b3-419a-9e3d-2d2afd3b074f&ct=SOLUTION_FIELD&mt=SIMULATION_RESULT

Regards

Adarsh