Conjugate Heat Transfer - Temperature Distribution Problems

Hello

I am working on the temperature distribution on solar panel with fin as cooling system under a forced air convection. I had a problem with my post-result because the temperature on a solar panel seems to be weird. I think, my simulation set up might be a problem.

Here is my simulation set up details;
Inlet Velocity = 0.5m/s
Ambient Temperature = 30c
Heat flux = 50 W (power sources (panel))

can you help me to figure out the problems within my simulation set up.
Here is the link for my project: https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=2194478132136011282&rru=38843146-c546-4dc8-b8f6-7c445f8a3186&ci=e41db438-5bd0-4a06-b204-54c9d8000dce&ct=SOLUTION_FIELD&mt=SIMULATION_RESULT

Hi there! Can you also add the images you wish to recreate? :slight_smile:

Cheers!

This is my solar panel temperature distribution

And i wish to do it this way below.

Thank you can you also provide the reference paper? Also, what is the temperature of the air that enters the model in the reference project?

the references velocity inlet is 0.5 m/s with ambient temperature range from 26.8c, heat flux of 600 W/m2.
Here is the references paper https://www.researchgate.net/publication/331329139_Study_on_the_Cooling_Effect_of_Attached_Fins_on_PV_Using_CFD_Simulation

In my simulation, i am kinda concern with the panel heat flux, i dont really sure about the set up regarding the panel heat.

1 Like

Hi again, I took a quick look at the document you sent. It seems that the images above that you want to recreate are the results without cooling ( this means it is a design different than yours , without fins).
I made some changes to get closer to the test case you want to recreate here:

1. I set the ambient temperature at 26.85 like in the paper (from 0 degrees)
  2. I deleted the silicon part and replaced the source with a heat flux wall boundary condition at the top surface with a value of 600 W/m^2 as the paper indicates

What about the fluid properties? Did you use the same as in the paper?

ahh i see, i think i found the problem, because i did not set the heat flux wall before. Thankyou for your help

1 Like