Confusion about thermal simulation control (end time and write control)

I am a little confused about end time and write control. I assumed that the longer the end time the more accurate the results since it is a steady state simulation. My project is a conjugate heat transfer v2.0 simulating a bat house sitting in direct sunlight with an x & y wind velocity to see how the temperature on the interior of different designs is affected.
I was using a result control surface data (area average) and I see that the temperature slowly rises over the 750 seconds of end time and 750 seconds of write interval (delta t = 1 second). Why is the temperature rising if this is a steady state simulation? I figured that the temperature would stay the same since its steady state?

Hi @calebmueller,

Thanks for posting your question. It means that maybe 750s are not enough for reaching steady-state. Could you please share the project link here? It would be helpful to see numerical convergency.

best,

I wasn’t able to get a link that works, but I think I shared the project with your username. It’s called “Base Model Four Chamber Artificial Bat Roost”
There is a new simulation in the project, but you can look at the first one and see a simulation that is already completed.

Hi,
Is it possible to share your project here?
If it is private, please share with support@simscale.com

1 Like