Comparing Insulation

My project is simple I think, I am just trying to see the effects a heating pad has on another object that is separated by an insulator over a certain period of time. This project is meant to compare various insulators. I imported the geometry form 3ds max and the cad set up seems to be working, the problem arises when running the simulation and analyzing heat transfer. The insulator gets heated up by the heating element, but the heat the insulator takes does not transfer to the other element.
I am running a heat transfer simulation and there are three simple rectangles with varying properties. the heating element is the master assignment with the other two elements being slaves assignments.
This is my first simulation and I don’t exactly know what I am doing wrong. If anyone could help me that would be immensely appreciated.

No heat is being transferred to the other element

Link:

Hi there, this is Fillia, can you please add the link to your project as well, so I can check the case?
Cheers!

I added a link, I hope it works

Hi!

I noticed that you are currently using a .stl geometry for this project. Would it be possible to upload the CAD model in a different format?

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you! So I created two contacts instead of 1, one for each side of the main plate, and these are the results for 2500 seconds of simulation:

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Fillia

1 Like

Thank you, this was exactly what I needed :slight_smile:

1 Like