Cl(alfa) and polar

I’m building Cl(alpha) curve and the polar curve of a missile here, but I have this jump on the curve when reach a=56°.
Cl alfa
As you can see, I did a lot of simulation for AoA from 0 to 65, and that jump it’s for a weird stall or it’s the signal of some errors in the project? Anyone can help me?

Hello @Raffreddore , thanks for using the Forum. Apologies for the delayed response here.

I have noticed that you’ve been using steady-state computations, and the equations behind the scene are called RANS equations. After the stall point (near 40 degrees), it’s recommended to use higher fidelity tools such as transient instead of steady-state, more advanced turbulence models, etc. After stall, the flow is highly chaotic and separation is quite significant, so the current solver you’re using is limited.

Discontinuity around 65 degrees could also indicate the characteristics/performance of the missile itself, but it’s difficult to evaluate without more data such as: validation results, results from higher fidelity tools etc.

I hope this is helpful,
Kaan

1 Like