CFD Simulation / Stationary / Air Circulation

Hello dear Simscale community :person_raising_hand:

I have a kind of staircase with glass facades on the sides and a ventilation system inside.

The outside temperature is about -10 degrees Celsius and the inside temperature is about 20-25 degrees Celsius. On the first floor, air is blown out down through a ceiling element, and in the attic, in turn, air is sucked in up through a ceiling element.

Across the floors, radiators are attached to the ceiling elements.

The first floor is heated (approx. 29 degrees Celsius) and the side surfaces have room temperature, as these are connecting buildings.

The important target variables are the a) temperature distribution and b) air or wind velocities throughout the stairwell.

Simulation here:
Simulation Klick Here

Effects:

1. the cold outside temperature cools the air inside and the air falls down inside the stairwell and on the glass facade, and the warm air in turn rises up.

2. the ventilation system accelerates the air flow upwards on one side and slows it down on the other side where the air falls downwards.

Question 1) Are the boundary conditions correct?

Question 2) What accuracy can such a model achieve? (approx. 10-20%?)

Question 3) Would you change certain boundary conditions and what model-side optimizations would you make?

Have a nice weekend and many thanks to all of you! :innocent:

Hello, the boundary conditions look ‘normal’ to me, although I would have normally used CHTv2 instead of convective heat transfer, as CHTv2 supports additional physics, such as solar load.

Quick question: what is this project about, more specifically? (e.g. school work, commercial-related, etc.)