CFD simulation divergence


#1

Hello,

I’m trying to make a simulation of a simplified model of a FSAE car from a team I’m part of so I can get the car’s aerodynamic characteristics.

After several attempts, I made two “successful” simulation runs, called “80kph 6000 iterations” and “70kph 6000 iterations”. When I checked the results though, using the SimScale post-processor and Paraview, the values were extremely high and the streamlines all over the place, clearly showing a divergence in the simulation. I have no idea what i can do to solve this problem.

Here is the project.


#2

Hi @DDR17 and thanks for reaching out to us!

No worries. Having a look at your project and will get back to you with a solution asap! :+1:

All the best!

Jousef


#3

Hey @DDR17!

Invited you to the project. Test for 70kph I ran is called Test111, you can check the settings and use this for the other velocities setups. Let me know how things go.

Best,

Jousef


#4

Thank you so much, the results now are very close to what we expected.