Cfd pressure bugs?

Hi guys! Just to introduce you to my project, first of all i´ve done several cfd´s for a complete car very successful. My workflow is to change car parts in cad, re-upload the data, and setting the simulation up in the exact way, i´ve set the recent simulations up. The benefit of simscale is, that it checks the similaritys, so the most settings are already done! thats great, but my last cfd caused some crazy bugs and i dont know why…

so this is how it should look, and looked the last 10 cfd´s before:

and this is how it looked in the last cfd, with the exact same settings. Is that a bug or are there any changes needed due to an update or something? The mesh also worked fine with no problems, looking as clean as before…

@mwipprecht

Thanks for using our forum and reporting this!
It’s great to know that you are getting good value using SimScale. I see that the pressure values on the bounding box surfaces are patchy. My first guess would be convergence. If not there should be a visualization error. In order to investigate further, can you please share us your project link ? I can take a look at the project and give further insights.

With Kind Regards,
Ajit

thanks for reaching me out.

the link is: https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=8953731238816357117&mi=spec%3A14f17e9a-c1e2-4d84-a426-1db8fea82eca%2Cservice%3ASIMULATION%2Cstrategy%3A13

@mwipprecht

I took a deeper look into the project and it seems like a one-off visualization issue. I will go ahead and report it to our team for investigation. I will also start a sample run from my side to see if I get the same results. I can update as soon as I get any information on this.
Thanks for understanding and patience.

alright, what would you recommend me to do? I think first of all wait for your results. But after, just re-running the sim might be the solution. sure i´ll wait for your results first

@mwipprecht
I did a quick rerun with the same mesh (500 iterations) and the results now looks as expected. Here is a sample result for your reference:

Here is the run for your reference.
Feel free to report such cases if they occur again.

You can copy the project and continue the run if required. Hope this helps!
With Kind Regards,
Ajit

Quick tip on the setup:
It is recommended to extend the upstream domain for such aero cases. This will avoid any unnecessary numerical effects. A general rule of thumb is to extend the upstream fluid domain by atleast 2 *length of the car.

Have a nice weekend ahead!