Cfd analysis beginner - creating a flow region

Can someone help me test the the fluid flow of my intercooler end tanks. I cant seem a way to set this up.

I want to see how vector of air/ fluid travel thru the inlet pipe and distribute thru the end tank.

this is my model:

But I don’t know to to set up the Simulation or if My model outlet ( the tank part needs to be closed off to make a Simulation.

Could someone help me set this out, so i could test various models before I make the part of Aluminium
Thanks in Advance

Hi there! You will need to extract the flow region in order to simulate the air inside the model. To do so:

1. Open the CAD mode;
  2. Select the Flow Volume at the top of the interface;
  3. Select the seed and boundary faces accordingly, and create the flow volume;
  4. Delete the pipe, so only the flow region remains;
  5. Go back to the workbench by selecting the ‘Finish’ option.

Check this tutorial for example, that follows this workflow. The model is not deleted here, because it is a Conjugate Heat Transfer tutorial, where the heat transfer between solids and fluids is simulated.

Best regards,
Fillia

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. now Im facing this issue
" A setup with 2 regions is being used in a single-region analysis type. Please make sure that all regions except for one have an Advanced Concept assigned to them."

EDIT: my CAD file was made out of two bodies that was the issue. Thank you I have made mine first simulation

1 Like