Cannot upload SAT/ACIS file

Hi,
I am trying to upload a 65MB SAT file that was converted in revit. Initially, the upload starts with no problems but at 80%, it gets stuck. After a few minutes, the window closes and no failure messages or anything appears.

If I upload a file that is 100kb in size, I experience no issues at all.

Please help me out with this issue.

Thanks

Hi @aa49khan!

Can you share the file with me please? Feel free to post the file link here or send it privately to me. I will try it by myself and if it does not work we should convert the file.

Best,

Jousef

Thanks for the reply jouse.
I have send you a message.

Hi @aa49khan!

Does not work for me either. Is there a way for you to export this to a STEP or STL file? That are the most common ones used on the platform and work very well. Alternatives are:

• BREP (*.BREP / *.brep)
  • Soliworks (*.SLDPRT, *SLDASM)
  • Autodesk Inventor (*.3ds, *.iam)
  • Parasolid (*.x_t)
  • Rhino (*.3DM)

Other than that, is there a way to simplify your model a bit? I saw that it has over 4,500 components which is enormous (at least for me). Also what kind of simulation are you trying to perform?

Cheers,

Jousef

Hi Jousefm,

Let me see if I can convert them to any of these listed file formats.
Its a 5 story building with MUAs. I was thinking if to have temperature profile in the building due to the airflow from MUAs.

Thanks for all the help. Really appreciate it.

Hi @aa49khan,

you’re welcome! I would first focus on simplifying the model before just converting it as the model is insanely big. I am sure you can merge components to a bigger one and just build it out of surfaces.

Best,

Jousef