Calculation/Simulation of the Negative pressure generated by a 3d model of flexible bellow

Hi guys,

I have a 3d cad model of a medical bellow which I am using to generate negative pressure (NP) to absorb body fluids. What I am trying to do is to enhance the 3d model of the bellow so that I can increase the generated negative pressure by the bellow. I need a way to get the generated (NP) value AFTER changing the 3d model AND according to the material that I set for the part in the program. So I need a simulation program that can achieve these tasks.

Can you tell me if there is any open source program that I can use to do these tasks? Can you please refer me to related explainational videos or posts so that I can follow the instructions there step by step to achieve the tasks?

1 Like

Hey there,

To solve this problem you will need a fluid-structure interaction solver, which can also take into account the large deformations of the bellow and the non-linear material law. If you are not aware, this is a highly non-linear and computationally expensive problem.

In SimScale we do not currently offer such functionality. If you are looking to do this with open source software, I would start by looking at OpenFOAM, which I think has an elasticity solver, and I think fluid-structure interaction. Another option that comes to my head is Code_Aster, which I think can be linked to some CFD code such as Code_Saturne.