CAD Model Preparation

Hi good morning,
I have created a model in ONSHAPE software and imported it into Simscale. I used the Shell command to remove the faces to see through and complete the model internally. After completing the model internally I undo the Shell command to get back those removed walls, but the models became invalid.
But I imported that model as it is into Simscale as shown in the following figure and did setup for mesh generation and simulation but due to missing faces, mesh is not being created. I know its very minor but If you can help me out to put those two walls to complete the volume through the CAD mode of Simscale, that would be great.
I also tried to use “Close sheet” command to put the missing faces but its not working.
I am considering the two modes of CFD simulation for my model to analyse the cooling capacity of HVAC system:
Conjugate Heat Transfer
Convection Heat Transfer

Hi @qkamal ,

From the description, it looks like the only purpose of removing the external faces was to see the faces inside?

If so, while having “Select Face” enabled (1), you can right-click on any face and hide it (2). To make it re-appear, a right-click + “Show all” will do the trick.

It’s not necessary to delete a face and reconstruct it just to see/select faces inside.

PS: This works not only for CAD mode, but also in the Workbench and post-processor.

Cheers

1 Like