CAD Help for Archimedes Screw

Hi,

I recently reached out about an issue I was having with my simulation a couple days ago and was amazed at the fast and accurate help I got. I’ve been having an issue with making a CAD model that I want to test so I figured I should ask here as well.

I’m simulating flow through Archimedes turbines that look like design (b), but I’ve been trying to edit the shape to look like (a) or © but to no avail. (Image attached)

If anyone has any ideas on how to make this, that would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Tobi

I don’t know which CAD tool you are using, but with Fusion 360 you could create a Coil (square) and then add chamfers as shown.

If you need the screw to be a sheet with no thickness, you can create an offset sheet in Fusion’s “Surface” environment.
offset
Best,
Jan

1 Like

The method I used can be found here: [Fusion360] How2 design a 3D printable feed screw - YouTube

It’s slightly different from what you suggested but I can try rebuilding in the way you laid out. Thank you!

And if you have any suggestion(s) about the method i used, that’d be extremely helpful too.

Hi,

I was successful in using this method to make my screws. The issue now is that they don’t mesh when I try to use the same settings. Can anyone take a look and let me know what’s wrong?

Thanks,
Tobi

Did you export the CAD as STEP? Is your model one single body? I found there may be errors if this isn’t the case.

Best,
Jan