Boundary conditions in a closed warming cabinet

Hi! I am working on simulating heat flow in a warming cabinet. I am quite new to this but I’m struggling with defining boundaries in this closed system.

As you can see in the picture id like there to be a velocity inlet into the cabinet (basically an oven) at a speed of 0.975m/s (red arrows) and a pressure outlet past the flaps on the back panel (blue arrow). The fan region will be a rotating zone at rpm 220. Element is a 500W power source. Any idea how I can define the boundaries without there being an error - Multiple boundary conditions or interface assignments for the following entities: face1821@air, face1804@air, face1778@air

Any other tips to improve my simulation is welcome:)

1 Like

Hi, this is Fillia :smiley: Welcome to the forum!

The issue here is that you have applied boundary conditions on contact faces, which is not allowed.

Best regards,
Fillia

Thanks Fillia! How would you recommend going about that? The contact faces are between air and cabinet. Should I get rid of the air volume?

What condition do you want to apply to these faces? If you want to apply a simple wall bc, keep in mind that there is no need to create a set, as the faces that are not assigned anything are automatically modelled as walls :smiley: