Biotoop around a wind mill

I am looking at simulating the change in wind direction due to trees and hills around an old fashioned windmill ( 52.148529° 6.448611°). So there are trees (say some 100m around the wind mill) and a hill (some 1.5km and 40m higher than the location of the mill). Any hint how to simulation this geography for getting an impression what the general wind will do when it comes from a certain direction? Any hint is welcome. THANKS.
All the best and stay healthy,
Victor

Hi Victor,

You could probably use the incompressible module and model the trees yourself inside your CAD software. However the LBM module (available in the professional license) can solve that by creating trees in form of porous media. For more information, please have a look at that video:

If you have any further questions or want to get in touch regarding the professional license, feel free to do so - happy to help!

Take care,

Jousef

Thanks Jousef,

Thanks for this video. This really was very helpful.
Is it correct that for using this tool for trees (porous media) needs a professional license with SimScale? I am a becoming voluntary wind miller and I would like to do this exercise with trees and buildings around De Zwiepse Molen (https://www.dezwiepsemolen.nl/ ). So there is no option for a temporarily license? Are there options for students/research/not-for-profit?

All the best and stay healthy,

Victor

Hey Victor and sorry for the small delay in my response.

The associated LBM solver is only available for professional users. However I can establish contacts with my colleagues from the Sales team. Will write you an email and put them in cc’.

Cheers and stay healthy as well!

Jousef