Anyone have thoughts on SimScale?

Cloud based FEA and CFD simulation software. Seems fairly inexpensive. Curious what more experienced people think.

@power_users - feel free to add your two cents? :slight_smile:

SimScale is powerful, affordable and collaborative. I highly recommend it.

1 Like

@micheblea83, in my opinion the real power of Simscale is that you can have a headstart into your project since you can choose from a high amount of public projects as a template, and can request support along the way if you got stuck.
You don’t necessarily have to be an expert to get into simulation world, but can definitely learn a lot.
It’s cool too, that it runs in the cloud and your computer does not need to be a power plant.
If you have more specific question, just let us know!

Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @micheblea83 ,

You are right, Simscale is less expensive than the more traditional companies. But it’s not just the cost of the software. To do the types of analysis I do I would need a $5000 workstation (or more) plus another one so I can keep working while I am performing a simulation. On top of that you have maintenance fees, Windows updates, and a fair amount of IT work to keep everything running efficiently. Even if you use a lot of core hours you will still come out ahead with Simscale.

Capability wise I think the CFD and thermal portions of the platform are on par with any of the traditional general purpose solution providers out there. The FEA side lacks a few needed capabilities but it makes up for it with a wide range of solution types.

The best thing you can do is just give it a try.

Good Luck!
Christopher

1 Like