Anybody willing to help me out? (link in description)

nhvnv | SimScale Workbench

Been playing with different setups etc but still keep getting the physics not defined error when I go to mesh, very limited on time and was thinking maybe somebody will spot something obvious that I am missing… This is a TIG welding cup and I am trying to diffuse the argon from the top (35CFH converted to 16.8 cubic inches per second) so there are three pieces of porous media POROUS 1, SCREEN 1, and SCREEN 2… any help is very appreciated!

Hi kavonikov,

please delete all the bodies except the flow volume and the bodies used for the porous media.

Best regards
Sebastian

Right I understand now, so I need to exclude the solid parts (in this case it would be the ARGON SPREADER, TUNGSTEN, AND COLLET). However, when I select these bodies to be excluded they still end up being included in the flow region

It also seems to excluded the mesh screens instead

Hi.
Actually, it’s the other way around.
What you want are these parts excluded from the fluid volume. This means they should be ignored when creating the internal flow volume.

This is how your result should look like

So I extended the bottom face to include the tungsten tip. And then excluded screens 1,2 and the porous plate.

I guess that 1 will be your inlet and 2 will be the outlet?

Best regards Sebastian

I am having a hard time creating the flow volume with these settings without getting an error message

This model is water tight, I’ve tried playing with different boundary faces etc but can’t even seem to get the flow region correct

I still cant get the argon spreader to be excluded from the flow region??/ I am not sure what I am doing wrong??

Hello kavonikov

Can you please try these settings. This were the one that worked for me.

After that also make sure to delete the none needed parts from the body.

ahhh I see you extended the body of the cup 1st… okay let me try that. Thank you!

So everything is working great except that thee argon spreader is still not being exluded from the flow region…

Do you have copied my settings 1:1?