An error occurred while generating mesh

Hi, I’m trying to run an incompressible sim but I’m always getting stuck at the “generating mesh” part. Here is the link to my project: 3D-printer fan duct - v2 by jdelbrassine | SimScale

And here is the mesh log:

****************************************************************************************************************

SimScale incorporates Simulation Modeling Suite(TM) software by Simmetrix Inc. © 1997-2023. All Rights Reserved.

****************************************************************************************************************

Model import took 1.001200636s.

Maximum precision of model and its entities: 1.0419621404048929e-05 m.

Absolute small feature tolerance: 0 m.

Gap refinement size is reaching lower cell size cap for 1 regions. Consider lowering model tolerance if resulting mesh fineness is too coarse.

I’ve tried to tweak some settings to resolve this error, but with no success.

Can someone please help me out with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @jdelbrassine,

Thanks for posting your question!
Apparently you have different surface formats being assembled, not sure about that because it is not common, but I have tried to generate a mesh with the hex-dominant parametric algorithm, and it seems working well.

The mesh is quite poor, so please make a copy of the project and do your own improvement in the mesh :slight_smile:

best,

Thank you for your support. I will try to improve my simulation further with these parameters.