"A setup with at least 28 regions is being used in a single-region analysis type

You’re most welcome! We are happy to help. :slight_smile:

Hi Sir, want to ask currently i am doing a incompressible flow simulation on the solar pv system. I am question which is after defined the inlet and outlet boundary conditon, do i need to defined the walls also for the boundary condition cause i see in the tutorial they defined the wall in boundary condition. If yes, can you highlight which part do i need to defined the wall.

Hello bk19110254,

as your fluid region is fully enclosed by solid walls, no boundary conditions need to be assigned.
By default, SimScale will assign a no-slip wall boundary condition, which is the right assignment for this wall. So no further setup of boundary conditions is needed for this setup.

In regards to your general simulation setup. As you are using the incompressible solver, please delete all solid parts or your geometry, after the creation of the flow volume. For this application we only need the flow volume.

Best regards
Sebastian

Hi sir, however after i delete all the solid part still i cannot run the simulation. i cannot delete the triangular fin because that is the place where i want to analyse the flow since my project is about the flow behavior due to use for emboss fin for solar pv cooling

Hi

as you are interested in the flow around these fins, only the air is needed. Therefore you have created the flow (air) volume. Thus you can also remove the fins, as these are not necessary for a single fluid simulation.

If you hide all the fins you can see that the fins have been subtracted from the flow volume, representing the air volume inside your cooling device.

I hope this is a bit more clear now.

Best regards
Sebastian

ooh i see Sir, so now i only need to delete the fins so that i can proceed with the flow simulation?

Yes, exactly. Please ensure that remain with only the flow volume.

is this the correct one sir, before i proceed with the simulattion?

Looks good to me :slight_smile:

sir, if i want to dicrete the mesh which setting should i chose in the mesh option

I would suggest you, go with the standard settings at level 5.
After creation, you can see how the quality of your mesh is and maybe further improve using these refinements.

For further information on mesh quality and refinements you can have a look at theses two articles.
Mesh Quality

Mesh Refinements

so sir during simulation, i cannot switch off my laptop…do i need to just open it until the simulation finished

Since SimScale runs fully in the cloud, you can turn off your laptop, open other programs and have a look at the finished mesh later.

If you run a simulation SimScale will inform you via e-mail, once the simulation is finished.

Best regards
Sebastian

ooh i see, thank you very much Sir for your guidance in my project. Without your help i will be facing difficult time in doing the simulation. Good bless you and your family Sir

Hi sir, when i come back to simscale to check my simulation. it comes with this info in the event log. What should i do. i do just leave it run or how?