we are currently working on improving both the intuitiveness as well as the capabilities of the meshing workflow. Subsequent releases shall help to make meshing on SimScale more powerful, faster and easier.
In a very simple, first step we plan to rename and reorder the current meshing operation types, that are:
- Fully automatic tetrahedralization
- Parametrized tetrahedralization
- Automatic snappyHexMesh for internal flow
- Automatic snappyHexMesh for external flow
- Tetrahedral meshing with prismatic viscous layers
- Tetrahedralization with refinements
to a more consistent and clearer naming and order:
- Tetrahedral automatic
- Tetrahedral parametric
- Tetrahedral with local refinements
- Tetrahedral with layer refinements
- Hex-dominant automatic for internal flow (only CFD)
- Hex-dominant automatic for external flow (only CFD)
- Hex-dominant parametric (only CFD)
Are these names clearer to you? Are all words (e.g. “Hex-dominant”) clear to you? Would you choose a different name for one of the operations that would make it even easier to understand for new users?
If you’ve got any improvement suggestions for these names, it would be great if you share them!
Thanks a lot,