Step-by-Step Tutorial DroneS2

here is my error msg.

Hey again @akpcorp and @Bjoern_Lau!

Did you try modifying the Penalty Coefficient already? Give that a try and see if the problem vanishes. If not I will get back to you and help you guys. No worries :thumbsup:

Good luck!

Jousef

All seemed to work ok now, all complete.

2 Likes

ive tried changing the penalty coefficient, still no change.

what values did you change?

no values, just reselected everything (faces, for connections, etc).

Also, was there a reason for using 4 cores in the tutorial? in week 1 it said to use 32. I know previously there’d been a reccomendation to use lower core count for meshing volumes for cfd (is that still a thing?). Would’ve likely prevented the max timeout for one of the runs people were having.

Anyway, using simscale more seems I’m finally getting into the groove. No means a pro but I’m starting to move through the process with some speed.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delayed response @akpcorp!

I was referring to the post from @mlarreta. Did you still figure it out with the hint of @brendan_a_b?

If not I will have a look at your project.

P.S.: @brendan_a_b, please have a look at the following video for the usage of multiple computing cores in simulations

All the best,

Jousef

Hi @akpcorp,
whenever you see the error of projecting a field because of an empty node list, you should check your contact faces - usually it points to a wrong master/slave assignment (slave and master being far from each other).
I guess in the meantime you solved this.

Regarding your current convergence issues, I think they are related to a poor mesh on the physical contact region on the bottom side. The refinements are put onto the wrong faces:

Best,
Richard

3 Likes

RIchard, thank you very much for the clarification!

The solution matrix is not factorizable. This might be caused by an unconstrained rigid body motion or by overconstrained degrees of freedom due to multiple linear relations at at least one node.
I need help to resolve this error.

Hi @aravindbaskar,

could you share the project with us please?

Cheers,

Jousef