Need Help Understanding this Error Message

I went through the whole (long) process of setting up my simulation twice and keep getting this message. I have no clue what the message means. I believed I was supposed to have two regions, a flow region and a rotating zone. Thanks.

A setup with 2 regions is being used in a single-region analysis type. Please make sure that all regions except for one have an Advanced Concept assigned to them.

Hi there @Robert01!

Maybe this thread here help: Question for Meshing and Volume

Cheers,

Jousef

1 Like

Thanks but It’s just not clear. I still get this error :

A multi-region mesh was assigned - this analysis-type requires a single-region mesh.

I have an MRF zone and a flow zone. What analysis requires a single-region mesh? The error message is just too vague.

CFD Squad, want to jump in here and give our user some tips? :slight_smile:

Best,

Jousef

1 Like

Slowly, I started to figure it out, thanks.

how did you do it

Hey @mukwevhosl_rj!

There are plenty of questions regarding that particular message. You can use the search function to find some answers, I am sure you find something that applies to your case.

Most likely you have more than one solid. The latest answer from my colleague and PowerUser @Retsam can be found here: Multi-region mesh problem

Best,

Jousef

You must make sure the geometry is one body.
Fix it in your CAD program and then import it again.

1 Like

I think that’s what I did.

I need help, I made a 3-d file using Paint 3d and converted it into an STL file them uploaded it to SimScale but it showed me the same error: A setup with 5 regions is being used in a single-region analysis type. Please make sure that all regions except for one have an Advanced Concept assigned to them.

How to I make it into 1 3-d object?

The problem is still there

how to solve this problem:
A setup with 1789 regions is being used in a single-region analysis type. Please make sure that all regions except for one have an Advanced Concept assigned to them.

Hello @tzamani ,

For single-region analysis types, such as incompressible and convective heat transfer, you need a single volume representing the fluid domain to run the simulation.

After generating the fluid domain, all solid parts (e.g. physical solid walls) must be deleted from the geometry. For instance, section 1 in this tutorial might be insightful.

Cheers

how to do that

Hi @rahul_j1804,

Ricardo has posted a step-by-step tutorial above, please take a look on how to do that:

Best,

The error message you received indicates that you are trying to set up a simulation with two regions, but the analysis type you have selected is intended for single-region setups. To resolve this issue, you need to ensure that only one region has an assigned Advanced Concept, while the other regions remain unassigned.

Hello @cherrysweetoot ,

Would you have a project link by any chance? Just from the error message I can’t tell for sure what the issue is, although it would likely (>90%) be solved with this:

It’s a bit odd to reply to an old comment.
This article How to Prepare the CAD for Simulating Rotating Zones solves it. But still got an error, I missed something from the article, then you talked about Advanced concepts, then afterward I solved it by adding an MRF rotating zone. Thanks a bunch.

1 Like