Geometry Issue

I’m trying to see how aerodynamic Big Ben (the clock tower in London) is for an A Level project. However, whenever I upload the 3D model into the SimScale engine, it claims the geometry has faults. I did not create the model but I got it of Thingiverse and it has already worked and been supported in Blender. If it helps, it is saved as a .stl file

Hey @kives!

Would be great if you could share the geometry with us in that case so that we can have a look at that! Do that by uploading it to GDrive (or any other page) and share the link here.

Best,

Jousef

Hey jousefm,

I’m a studying mechanical engineering and I’m doing a study on a f1 rear wing. When I start the simulation I have this error:
“o The meshing failed due to a self intersection in the mesh on the following
entities: edge3173@Flow region, face13870@Flow region. The exact
position is printed at the end of the Meshing Log. ca
href=“Surface Meshing Self-Intersection | Knowledge Base | SimScale
target=”_blank”>Learn"

I hope you can help me.

Project: https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=2823938705486073439&mi=spec%3Affb311ad-b2d8-47b0-b08a-3e14ff70bd9c%2Cservice%3ASIMULATION%2Cstrategy%3A21

Hi @migasgomes9,

Please have a look at this reply to your similar question: My mesh failed - #9 by Ricardopg

Tip: Next time, please start a new topic yourself to make it easier for everyone to help you even faster :slight_smile:

it runs right when i tried it, i don’t believe there is a problem!!