Error in mesh

I keep getting this message over and over again, and the error is not explained further. I am trying to CFD an FSAE car. Any suggestions would help.
Cheers!

Hi @Deepank!

Please add your project link in your description, once that is done either the Power users or me will jump in to help!

Thanks,

Jousef

Hi @Deepank !

I checked your geometry and it is not watertight with some open edges as shown below colored in pink.
Please make your geometry watertight.

Best,
Yosuke

4 Likes

That is a great solution Yosuke. Would you mind sharing on how you were able to find open edges? Is this some option in cad software?

Hey Tolga!

As far as I know this is Rhino and you can use the Edge Analysis tool there to find the naked edges as depicted by Yosuke.

Cheers,

Jousef

2 Likes

Hi everybody,

It’s Rhinoceros as @jousefm mentioned.

@Deepank
To make your geometry watertight, you just fix surfaces and edges on your CAD or export it as mesh like STL and fill the hole with meshes on a mesher like MeshLab.

Regards,
Yosuke

1 Like

Hi @Deepank ,

One way to create a watertight geometry is to connect all surfaces and close them into solid (=closed surfaces) data on a CAD.

I found a YouTube movie that shows how to “Heal Edges” with solidworks as you use.

I would be glad if it became a hint.

Regards,
Yosuke

3 Likes

Hi yosuke,

Thanks for your reply. I’m trying to fix the geometry as you suggested. I hope it works.

Thanks!

3 Likes