CFD for Wind Comfort
Safety in Urban Areas
About this online webinar
With the complexity of modern urban areas, the pedestrian wind environment analysis becomes a critical factor in urban planning design, that helps to ensure the overall well-being, safety and comfort in pedestrian zones. Predicting and properly assessing the airflow around a building is a difficult and expensive process when using the experimental approach. Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) techniques are a practical, cost-efficient, and time-efficient alternative to the field measurements or tunnel tests.
This joined webinar between two leading companies in CFD for wind engineering — SimScale and Meteodyn — will give you the chance to gain a deeper understanding of how numerical simulation can be leveraged for the prediction and the assessment of pedestrian wind environment at the design stage.
Why should you register?
- Discover the fundamental phenomenon of wind comfort.
- Understand how you can use different leading-edge CFD tools to assess the wind comfort in the urban areas and predict the safety factors.
- Learn from the experts in the field of CFD and wind engineering how you can use CFD to make building design more efficient, safer and more comfortable.
- Learn based on the real-example cases.
5 PM (CET)
During this one-hour session held online, we will highlight the fundamentals of building aerodynamics and we will show you step-by-step how to use different CFD tools, and how these tools can help you make your design process more cost-efficient, faster, and easier.
There is no prior knowledge or software required to join this free webinar.
Delivered in collaboration with:
Presenting this webinar:
- Akrem Mouffouk, User Success Engineering at SimScale GmbH
- Guillaume Caniot, Urban Climatology Expert at Meteodyn