July 14, 2021, 09:00 am ET / 3:00 pm CEST /2:00 pm GMT
Assessing outdoor thermal comfort is increasingly required to design comfortable and healthy outdoor spaces. The Universal Thermal Comfort Index (UTCI) is a widely accepted metric used to perform external comfort calculations and a major component within the UTCI is multi-directional annual wind analyses. SimScale allows architects and engineers to model complex wind studies using cloud-based computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation. With SimScale, designers can benefit from more accurate and transient wind comfort simulations, and combine these results with a UTCI workflow in Grasshopper and Ladybug.
- Join our live, 30-minute demonstration and learn how to use these modeling features within SimScale. The live demo will also provide sample scripts for users to emulate the workflow.
- Expert instructors will guide the demonstration in an interactive environment that allows for discussion and Q&A.
- Register for this live event and, even if you cannot attend, you will receive the recording.
Who should register?
- Building simulation and modeling professionals performing external comfort calculations
- Architects and engineers who work on sustainable building designs and need to simulate the outdoor environment
- Sustainability professionals and engineers looking to comply with microclimate guidelines
No prior knowledge or software is required to join this webinar. If you are unable to attend the live session, we would still encourage you to register to receive the recording.