Thermal resistance network models are thermal models that represent the complex characteristics of an electrical component in a simple form that can be used to carry out thermal analysis in many ways. We can also use thermal resistance models in CFD to obtain better results without adding excessive complexity to the simulation.
You will learn
- What thermal resistance network modelling is
- How you can use them in SimScale
- How you can find the resistance values with a detailed thermal model if the manufacturer has not provide
No prior knowledge or software is required to join this webinar.
A professional simulation project will be provided to follow along during the webinar:
If you are unable to attend the live session, we would still encourage you to register in order to receive the recording.
Who should register?
- Engineers involved in thermal simulations of electrical components and their cooling strategies
- SimScale users who wish to improve the accuracy of their Conjugate Heat transfer simulations for electronics cooling project
- Engineers seeking an overview of what a thermal resistance model is and how the resistances are calculated