Where do I find the event/error log?

The title says it all.

Hi @Chr1sG!

There are no stupid questions, thatā€™s why we have the forum :wink:

ā€œHe who asks a question is a fool for five minutes, he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.ā€ ā€“ Chinese Proverb

Regarding your question, you can find the Meshing log as well as the Solver log at the following positions (click on the pic to see the whole tree structure):

Where the Meshing log is a subitem of the Mesh component and the Solver log a subitem of the Simulation Runs.

Let me know if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Jousef

Ok, so my simulation run was unsuccessful, but I canā€™t see how to find an explanation for why. I canā€™t see a log anywhereā€¦

Hey @Chr1sG!

Just share your project with us here by posting the project link and we will have a look at that :slight_smile:

Best,

Jousef

Hi @Chr1sG!

Had a look at your project and saw that you used volume extraction. Could you just briefly explain what you want to achieve? From what I can see you applied only a volume flow at the inlet but defined no outlet at all and only one wall condition for a separate solid. If you give us a bit more background if heat transfer should be involved or have additional data, that would help.

Cheers,

Jousef

I donā€™t mind explaining a bit about the project, but actually Iā€™d rather learn about what I did wrong so that I donā€™t need to get help in the future. You know, ā€œGive a man a fish and heā€™ll eat for a day, teach him to fish and heā€™ll eat for a lifetimeā€ :slight_smile:
So can you tell me how/where I could have discovered the errors without having to contact support?

1 Like

Hi @Chr1sG!

I see, youā€™re a man of culture as well - swapping some quotes here and there :wink:

The thing is that not every error is captured in the sense of giving you an explicit message on what to change because you have so many parameters that can cause a simulation to fail but it this has improved dramatically over time - so we are definitely working on this to give users more insight.

In addition to that a bit of experience is needed and that is built by browsing the forum and other sources and trying things by yourself. And if I help you on one particular issue that might help you but it could be that you will get stuck at another point, thatā€™s part of the process and comes with simulations :slight_smile: Does that explanation help you a bit?

Cheers,

Jousef

1 Like

Well, when it fails, the error message says ā€œThe following simulation run(s) failed: Run 3
Please check the ā€˜Event Logā€™ and ā€˜Solver logā€™ for more details.ā€
Iā€™d like to know where I find the Event Log and Solver log, so i can at least read what happened.

Hey @Chr1sG!

So you mean the standard message. For that you can have a look at the logs, I posted a picture in the second answer that shows you where to find the logs. If there is anything unclear please let me know!

Cheers,

Jousef

I can see a Meshing Log, but I canā€™t see an Event Log or Solver Log anywhere.

hi Chr1sG
you can find solver log just below the RUN.:point_down:

Cheers,
rohit

Not in my project:

Thanks for helping here @ROHIT_SR! But the project from @Chr1sG fails to even start so he does not have a proper Solver Log. I will have a closer look at that later on and let you know once I found the solution to the problem.

Best,

Jousef

1 Like