Welcome! - Introduce yourself :)

Hello,

My name is Marc Wheeler. I am a secondary education teacher in California, USA. I teach at an academy that specializes in engineering, and I also have a 4-year degree in engineering.
My objective is to start using FEA software in the structural analysis of some of the projects that my students do. At first, for a balsa wood bridge building competition that we do each year.
In time, I would like to see the use of FEA software become part of our curriculum, and my students would use for various projects as needed.
Do you have any special deals or programs for educators?

My e-mail is;
mwheeler@portervilleschools.org

P.S. Sorry about my president.

Hi Marc (@mwheeler) and welcome to SimScale!

Sounds like a nice idea and I might help you out there with some good teaching resources for educators from SimScale! Feel free to contact me privately.

All the best,

Jousef

Hi,
I’m Lakshitha from Sri Lanka. I’m the head of aerodynamics in the FSAE team from University of Moratuwa. I hope to increase and sharpen my knowledge about aerodynamics of a FSAE car by using any and all resources i can get.
If any of you guys/ girls have any advice for me I’ll be more than happy to receive them

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @Lakshitha!

I would suggest that you visit the F1 Workshop and [Formula Student/SAE Workshop](Formula Student/SAE Workshop - 2016 - SimScale CAE Forum](Formula Student/SAE Workshop - 2016 - SimScale CAE Forum) pages that are dedicated to students trying to get in touch with aerodynamics of vehicles.

General resources of CFD can be found on this page: A collection of CFD resources.

Let me know if these pages are helpful!

Best,

Jousef

Hello all!

My name is Diego from Spain. I am quite interesting in technical and scientific topics and among then in FEM method and its powerful applications. My background is on physics, theorical and applied optics and physical electronics but I am interested too in numerical calculation. My Thesis was performed with these tools (numerical calculation but in a different technique called Molecular Dynamics) and I have completed a Phd Master in FEM theory and appliactions so I am used with Structural Calculations, Thermal dynamics and CFD.
I am not working in these field at this moment so my main motivation is to refresh my skills, to calculate cases it could be interesting for me and to learn and enrich, if possible, the community.
At this moment I prefer practical calculations than theoretical case studies and I find it difficult to get quality meshes in detailed geometries. I would like to improve myself. :slight_smile:
See you there!

1 Like

Hey Diego (@ddelgado) !

Sounds like a good idea to poke around a bit on our platform and refresh/improve your skills in the fields of CFD, FEM and Thermal Analysis. If you need any help with material or have any issues with your simulations, feel free to contact me at any time (I am also here at the weekend ;)).

Have a look at our SimWiki and the general resources! :+1:

Please let me know I can do anything for you. Enjoy your stay here!

Happy SimScaling!

Jousef

It’s nice to see you are pursuing your dreams, and it would also be exciting to have you check in with us once in a while, #kiku

Hello dear friends mu name is David, i am new here i have just joined here, wish to have fun and enjoy my stay!! found you by searching for hghreviewer.com because of my health issues and that’s strange :smiley: but i’m really happy i did because i start loving this site.

1 Like

Welcome on board @Torms1982! :slight_smile:

Enjoy your stay here and happy SimScaling!

Hello Bob and welcome to the world of SimScale! Thrilled to have you on board :slight_smile:

Let’s try to answer your points step-by-step.

We only have one office (our headquarter) which is located in Munich. We have actually something in planning that would allow users to come to our lovely office in a small group and get some hands-on simulation experience.

What commands are you talking about? I guess you mean the general understanding of the GUI in our case. That is absolutely no problem at all as we are offering tons of learning material for our users and you should get used to our platform pretty fast :slight_smile:

That is of course possible. We have a collaboration with OnShape where you can create your CAD models directly inside the browser without the tedious task of installing software wasting space on your machine. Fortunately we have a plugin with which you can directly upload your created geometry into your workspace and create your mesh, the simulation as well as neat post-processing pictures.

Hope that I could clear things up a bit. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me. You can also contact me privately here inside the forum via private message if you like.

Thanks for your interest in SimScale and enjoy your weekend!

Jousef

Hello, My name is Hisam Abou Faker, i’m from Venezuela and i recently got my bacherlor’s degree in Mechanical engineering, Even though i’m currently unemployed i want to learn CAE, while looking for some CAE software i found out about Simscale, for what i’ve read it seems like an excelent simulation software for a beginner like me.

1 Like

Hi Hisam and welcome to SimScale!

If you want to get started, please have a look at our resources that we have gathered: A Collection of SimScale Resources. Please let me know if I can help you with anything! If you have problems/wishes or requests, feel free to contact me anytime (that includes contacting me privately ;)).

Hope you enjoy your stay here and have a lot of fun with other users who are on the same path!

All the best and happy SimScaling!

Jousef

1 Like

Greetings,
I am Muhammad, I am from Pakistan. Now I have enrolled to study at PhD Computational fluid dynamics
Institute of Applied Mathematics Academy of Mathematics and System Sciences
Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
My research focuses on Numerical Methods for Hyperbolic Conservation Laws.
I like your webinars with Perrin F1 team very much. Please, don’t stop them

Hello Muhammad (@rahimmaths33) and welcome to our forum!

Sounds like a very interesting field of research :slight_smile: We hope that you can learn a lot from the discussions here as well as other resources focusing a bit more on the theoretical part of simulations like the SimWiki. Thank you very much for your feedback and enjoy your stay here!
Feel free to contact me whenever you like or have questions,critique or some feedback that we can use to give our community the best simulation experience possible.

Happy SimScaling!

Jousef

Hello.I am David,I am a newbie in here.

1 Like

Hi David and welcome to SimScale!

You can visit this page to get started: SimScale Resources

Best,

Jousef

Hello, Anna.
My name is Marcelo. I’m brasilian. I graduated in Mechanical Engineer.
I’d like know how to work whit SimScale. I performed work on air conditioning, exhaust systems and worked with lifting and transporting machines - elevators, among others. I have a lot of expectations in developing work with SimScales.
But, first, I think that I’ve to learn work SimScale.

Hi Marcelo (@marvasconcelos1) and welcome to SimScale!

We have plenty of resources you can use to get familiar with SimScale. Some of them are:

Or you can simply have a look at the Public Projects to see how others have set up their simulations and learn from them!

Let me know if you like the resources and feel free to give some feedback. Looking forward to see you create the first project with SimScale!! :wink:

Cheers and happy SimScaling!

Jousef

HI!

This software package look brilliant.
I am from Ireland and studying mechanical engineering. I am in my forth and finial year of my degree. I have decided to base my project on FEA, however, I have a question;
Is it possible to use CREO parametric as my design software or will i have to learn a new program? If so what are the advantages/disadvantages to ether. I am quite competent in CREO and would prefer to use it if possible.

Cheers!
Alan

Hi Alan (@acrow) and welcome to SimScale!

There is absolutely no problem with using CREO. As long as you are able to export your models as STEP, IGES or STL everything should be fine! What you can also use is OnShape, a cloud-based CAD platform where you can create, modify as well as export your models. Give it a try!

Cheers and all the best!

Jousef

1 Like