'Wasserkühler-Prüfstand Lüftung' simulation project by KLemke

I created a new simulation project called 'Wasserkühler-Prüfstand Lüftung':

Simulation der Zuluftanlage eines Wasserkühler-Prüfstands

More of my public projects can be found here.

@KLemke - there seem to be some faces missing in the CAD model, right? What CAD software are you using? We partnered recently with Onshape, from which you can directly import the models into SimScale. If you’d like to give it a try, you can sign up here: https://www.onshape.com/

@KLemke,

the mesh looks great! I copied your project and tweaked a bit the sim setup, check it out here: https://www.simscale.com/projects/dheiny/water_cooling_test_rig_

I mainly changed three points:

• Simulation Control: Since you’re running a steady-state simulation, the actual end-time is irrelevant as it’s not a transient simulation. This means only the number of iterations of the solver is important. I changed it to 1000 iterations + a residual control that once the pressure residual reaches 1e-3 I assume the simulation to be converged
  • Outlet pressure: It’s an incompressible analysis which means that the absolute value of the pressure is irrelevant, so you can use any pressure value you like, however you set it to 0 as an initial conditions and to 101325 at the outlet which is not ideal for convergence. I set it to zero everywhere, also at the outlet.
  • Outlet face: You had also this planar face assigned as an outlet, where I am not sure if this is a stable setting (@gholami, do you have more information regarding if an outlet patch directly next to a wall patch with 270° angle between it ist stable?) so I made the planar face also a wall. I guess for the flow sim it’s not important.

Hope that helps!

@ dheiny Thanks a lot for your help!

@KLemke - glad I could help! Would be interested in the project progress - if you have any interesting findings, would be great if you share them! Happy Simulating!

@KLemke - I’m curious on how the project turned out? Did you get the results you were looking for? Would be interested in your opinion about SimScale.