Hey @lcrazy I see you are trying to perform a tutorial. However, you had a failure for the mesh. The reasons are as follows:
- You are trying to perform a solid mechanics tutorial.
- The mesh type you selected is snappy hex.
- This is a wrong mesh type for a solid mechanics simulation.
- For structural analysis SimScale provides the following options for mesh:
- Fully automatic tetrahedralization
- Parametrized tetrahedralization
- Tetrahedral meshing with prismatic viscous layers
- Tetrahedralization with refinements
- I suggest you to use Fully automatic tetrahedralization for the model.
Snappy hex meshing are used for fluid mechanics simulations. If you are interested in them, I suggest you to do the CFD tutorial.
If you have any question, please feel free to ask.