Transfer of groups (nodes, elements) to Paraview

hello,
I don’t find a way to transfer groups to Paraview when downloading a code-aster result.

For an openfoam result (extension .foam) this possiblity seems to exist (see doc Post-Processing Results via 3rd-Party Solution | SimScale)

Instead after downloading a code-aster result (.pvd) and opening it in Paraview, I don’t find any groups when using the Paraview filter ExtractGroup.

(In the code-aster log-file such groups exist)

Do I oversee something?

If groups are not transferred, is there a way to filter the mesh with any parameter, for example with vtkBlockColors?, and how to do that?

thank you and best regards

Johannes_ACKVA
www.code-aster.de

thank you and regards

Johannes_ACKVA
www.code-aster.de

Hello Johannes,

I’m not 100% of your intention, but if you are looking to break up FEA results by part (to selectively show/hide individual components for example), you can use the Extract Block filter in PV and only select the blocks (parts) you want.

An example is shown here w/ a push-pin analysis:

The ExtractBlock filter can be used to only display the pin (Block1 in the vtkMultiBlockDataSet), to which further postprocessing can be performed:

Let me know if you are looking for something different, and maybe I can steer you in the right direction.

Thanks,
–Nolan

Hi Johannes,
to add on to what Nolan said, we do not export the surface groups to the VTM results at the moment.

As you know the solver natively exports to the MED file format, which isn’t supported with our Post-proc solution, so we convert to VTM. The conversion is actually quite slow when we include the faces (especially for transient results) so we decided to not include the faces as groups to the result.
We are already working on a new solution (which is built in-house and doesn’t use the third party conversion tool) which will be much better performance-wise and then we can add the faces back, but it’s a few quarters out still.

Best,
Richard