Too many cells in mesh

Dear,

I want to simulate a FSAE car but I have issues regarding the mesh. After hours of computing gives me an error and in a meshing log is written that it created 114M cells which I believe is just too much. So could you please inspect my project and give me some advice. And the problem is only with the mesh with name Jeba3

Best regards
Zaapex

Hi @Zaapex!

Is your project set to private? I cannot open it somehow.

Best,

Jousef

Hi @Zaapex!

As far as I can see the model is not watertight. You have to make sure the geometry is closed in order to mesh it properly and are you sure that this is the whole model? It looks like there is something missing. If not then please make sure that you make it a watertight model and we may continue with the mesh.

“A good geometry is half the rent” :wink:

Best,

Jousef

I see now that you have some information in Geometry Event Log, but still in the picture that you send at the bottom it’s written that a model is watertight, but I cannot see that information in my log.

Hi @Zaapex!

Can you tell me which project/geometry you are talking about as you have 3 different geometries inside your project. It would be way more convenient if you would upload them separately as they have not much in common, just an idea. As mentioned in the mail the Geometry Event Log will tell you if your geometry is watertight. You can use the search function and have a look at other problems user had with watertightness to get familiar with the concept.

All the best!

Jousef

Thank you for all information. Could you just inspect what is wrong with simulation of the airfoil (the same project), because it gives me an error after 4 minutes?

Have a nice day

Hi @Zaapex!

Please have a look I made earlier on about NACA profiles. Also your bounding box is too small and I would recommend using the parametric meshing option. Let me know if everything works fine!

All the best!

Jousef