'synRM-stress' simulation project by mbrancalion

I created a new simulation project called 'synRM-stress':

Mechanical analysis of high-speed synchronous reluctance motors

More of my public projects can be found here.

Very interesting simulation @mbrancalion!

Can you tell me a little bit more about it? Is this a project related to some thesis or did you validate some results from a specific paper?

Cheers!

Jousef

Hi,

It's a project related to my thesis about synchronous reluctance electrical motors (synRM). Simulations here mainly focus on high-speed applications of a four poles barrier motor.

I need to build different "at the limit" configurations, barely able to sustain mechanical stress, for several operating speeds, 20000 rpm and 35000 rpm.

The joints between the barriers need to be minimized to sustain just 200 Mpa of stress Von-Mises wise (so the "minimal" configurations are the ones with the thinnest joints).

I'm afraid I'm now doubtful if I can actually disclose more about the actual work of the thesis. I'm currently asking my supervisor about permissions to give details of the thesis for an Academic licence and I will if I can.

Can I still proceed with the simulations?

Sounds very interesting @mbrancalion!

You can simply mention SimScale inside your thesis and that you used it to create your simulations, that’s fine. If you have any further questions, please let me know :slight_smile:

Best,

Jousef