'SupportWall' simulation project by pumuckl007

I created a new simulation project called 'SupportWall':

Wall Of the Transmission

More of my public projects can be found here.

Hi @pumuckl007!

Very nice simulation! Do you have a page where we can have a look at your project as you talking of a transmission. Would love to include this amazing project with some more information into the project spotlight! :slight_smile:

Let us know how things go! All the best!

Jousef

Hello Jousef,

I do not have a page that outlines the project but I can do my best to give a description of it here.

This simulation is part of a transmission which can be found here: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/86fffa5e35544131f79278c4/w/783ba8745fe2f745e99e30d7/e/ca928e950240a706516087b2

I plan to mount two of these transmission to the bottom of a plate of wood on which there will be an 8-bit computer which I have modified to allow for control of the motors.

The third wheel will just be dragged behind the other two.

While using SimScale I was able to reduce the 3D print times by 1/3rd. At first I was using a 1cm thick outside wall, but after running a simulation with a 0.5cm wall I realize that would be more than enough.

In addition to this simulation there are two other parts that I have simulated. A large and small wheel to make sure that they would be strong enough. Again I was able to shave off about a third of my printing time by removing excess material.

I hope this helps and I would be happy to answer any other questions you might have.

-Pumuckl007

That is an amazing project @pumuckl007 - love that you use SimScale for it :slight_smile:

I would really love to see the outcome of that! I am planning to put your project into our dedicated section for amazing projects which will also promote your project and shows people what you can achieve with cloud-based tools like Onshape and SimScale.

I will send you a private message about the project spotlight to discuss this in more detail :+1:

Cheers!

Jousef