Structural analysis

I do not know: big size and (possibly temporary) problems with internet do not allow me to see the mesh. Wind test of your support structure without panels seems inappropriate. You will have big lift and drag forces once panels are in place.

ok thanks @Retsam

Hi @ggiraldof
as you can see that I am using symmetry way for my meshing. So please can you check and let me know if I am using the correct setup for symmetry method. It is by the name of incompressible 6

Hi there Osama!

It looks nice, and I can see that you cranked up the Fineness to maximum. This could create a very big mesh.

I also noticed that you created a region refinement, but did not assign a geometry primitive to it, so it won’t have any effect. I suggest you to create the region around the structure and assign a maximum value close the the size of the members.

Finally, to properly capture the structure details, create a ‘Local element size’ and assign all the structure. Give it a value small enough to properly capture the details.

I am pretty sure that you have been given these instructions before, so please try to apply your knowledge.

1 Like

@ggiraldof, I have done as you
told me to. I have used the size of edge length as 0.1 m. Is that fine ?

0.1m seems good to me.

ok @ggiraldof did you check my setup now. Is that fine? I have used fineness level as 5.

Hi can someone tell me if this simulation is running smoothly or not?

hi @ggiraldof I have performed CFD using symmetry. But I can only see the results on half the geometry. So is there a way I can see the results on the whole geometry ?

Hi Osama,

Your mesh is still poorly reproducing the details of the structure:

About the symmetry results, there is not currently any features to mirror the results on the post processor. If this is crucial, I suggest you to use Paraview.

yes @ggiraldof but it is still way better than this mesh, right ?

Yes, it is better than the one you show, but I still think it is not good enough.