'Stress analysis of a hip joint prosthesis' simulation project by Milad_Mafi

I created a new simulation project called 'Stress analysis of a hip joint prosthesis':

This project shows the stress analysis of a hip joint prosthesis.

More of my public projects can be found here.

This project shows how to run a static stress analysis of a hip joint prosthesis, which is used to replace damaged joints and allow more than 180,000 people each year to regain their mobility and therefore improve the quality of life. The geometry of hip joint prosthesis is shown in the figure below.

The geometry was meshed using fully automatic tetrahedralization on SimScale platform. The mesh is shown in the figure below.

The materials used were titanium and steel. The remote forces in x, y and z directions were applied on the top head keeping the bottom titanium portion fixed. The resulting von-Mises stress contour plot is shown in the figure below.

Hi.

I am a mechanical engineering student and I'm very interested in this design. Can you tell the source of this model. I mean where did you get the dimentions and all. Or can you share CAD file for it?

Hi @Ajaiswal!

You can download the model inside the workbench by going to the Mesh Creator tab and download the geometry in the second column by clicking Download.

Cheers!

Jousef