Step-by-Step Tutorial: Homework of Session 2

@AlexanderKon Even I faced a similar issue of the car exceeding the boundary of the box. I guess you have entered a wrong value while defining the size of the boundary box. Please check it again.

i m facing problems in post processing, kindly help

Thanks a lot for your effort Hardik . You are gold ! Unfortunately my job obligations these days are far from more , and i didn’t have the time needed performe any corrections . I’ll might try further more in the days after , so your advices will be much useful . Thank you !

sir i am getting an error of floating point exception

sir,
please check the link as i am getting a error in the simulation process

please guide me as early as possible

Hi @stiwari ,

please see: Most Popular Errors of Simulation - #3 by jprobst

Cheers,

Jousef

Hey @dheevn ,

I will have a look at that in the evening. And what do you mean with “something”? :wink:

Cheers!

Sadly, after running multiple mesh calculations and simulations, I either got wrong results or errors all the time.I is possible to extend the deadline?

Hi @emin,

you can write me a private message. I will take care of your homework.

Best,

Jousef

Greetings!

I’m having a problem while simulating. I’ve checked everything multiple times and I would really appreciate if someone can find the mistake I’m doing in my process.

When the run is finished it says: “Probably a wall function boundary condition has
been assigned to the bounding face of a MRF zone. Please check your
boundary conditions and make sure that no boundary conditions are
defined on the bounding faces of the MRF zones.”

Link to my project; https://www.simscale.com/workbench?publiclink=912db8ac-19f8-48db-84a4-48ffcf068538

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Mislav Bošnjak

Hi,
My mesh is not generating,it is taking too long
Either it is because of the large amount of traffic on the server or my internet connection is too slow! :confused:
Since deadline is approaching, what should i do?

Hey!

I have run into a problem. While the meshing operation was in progress, Simscale was updated.Due to this, the operation failed. While trying to redo the meshing I noticed that the various properties which are required to define the operation are either renamed or missing. Kindly help.

1 Like

Also noticed this.

Hi,

Did you solve this problem?

I am having this problem too and cant continue for hours :frowning:

Best regards!

Hello,

I am still experiencing this problem. What should i do? I find it very difficult to follow the tutorial now.

Best Regards!

The names were the same as i the tutorial, but the server suddenly stopped responding due to an update or something so i scrapped my initial project and started a new one - and everything was renamed + i have only 4 mesh types instead of 6.

That is all i can tell you for now

Hi!
I started the homeowrk 2 and created a mesh for the same . unfortunately it asked me to recreate the mesh from scratch as there was a "problem with the mesher ".
I recreated the whole project but when i went on to import the geomtery again and start a new mesh
i cant get the operation settings that have to be edited
per say:
under mesh type i selected Hex parametric (only CFD type) but
i couldnt get the options to edit such as minRefinementCells, nCellsBetweenLevels and so on
I cant therefor create this mesh .

my project link (where data cannot be edited) : https://www.simscale.com/workbench?publiclink=6e64fc2e-14b7-4d52-bacb-cf9be22d87d1

Thank you so much!!

Hello @ronak_patil, @gta3005, @mrvos, @jeettrivedi,

as you mentioned there was an update which did not change the meshing functionality but the labels to be more intuitive and understandable. This does of course not hold true for the step-by-step tutorial as the old labels are still referenced there. I will try to add an updated version of the homework of session 2 as soon as possible.

Best Alex

Thank you Alex.

Hi!
Thanks for the update.
Should we wait for the updated step by step guide right away or will we receive an extension for the homework2?
Thanks.