SimScale CAE Forum

Step-by-Step Tutorial: Homework of Session 1

Hi @debroy84863568 & @sikkasehdev ,

make sure to post your project link here so that I can have a look at it. I will check that for you.

Best,

Jousef

I wanted to know following. We are creating prismlayers on the street in order to calculate the boundary layer. My question is, would it not be better to make the street a moving wall in order to save soma elements and use them somewhere else?

approximately how much time will it take for my account to get converted from professional account to a public account. Also I had started the simulation and then received the ‘run may cross your quota’ error so will it affect the simulation as in will i have to redo the simulation again?

HI,
My project link is mentioned below, Can anyone please tell me why the iterations stop at 450 every time even though they are set for 1500,is it some glitch?
(https://www.simscale.com/workbench?publiclink=8823955b-1991-4b17-bdfd-290e2c9da4a1)

Hi @sikkasehdev,

please counter-check your mesh settings. Your region with small elements is way too big thus drastically increasing computation time.

Adapt your settings and rerun your simulation. It should work then.

P.S.: Please give your mesh regions meaningful names not just “Mesh Refinement X”.

Best,

Jousef

Hi @bmaitra,

did you already read the post by @ahmedhussain18?

If you already sent an Email you will probably have to wait a bit.

Also consider the post from @AnnaFless : Exceeding computational quota

Best,

Jousef

Hello will the homework completes if we finishned meshing and simulation part,and viewing post processing results of 2,3 different angles ?

Hello!!!
I started all 8 mesh generations, with small in-between time and for 3 hours I had no result. I started just one and proceeds well. Any insight why that happened?
Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

sir, i am not able to select the available model mesh in domain

Hi @jousefm

here’s my project link
https://www.simscale.com/workbench?publiclink=59a72966-3ca7-4b9f-9b7e-f4c8a99927d0

Meshing operation for 6deg model showing error.

the simulation run is marked as queued for at least one hour…is that common?

sir i am not able to select the available mesh at domain option

Hey @jocon ,

depends on the traffic as @ahmedhussain18 wrote some posts before. They are also running for over 1 hour in my case. If your jobs do not finish or if an error occurs let me know. I will fix your project.

Best,

Jousef

Hi @tdangi,

can you post a picture of your problem or a link to your project so that I can have a look at it?

Thank you!

Jousef

and there is no problem if runtime is marked as 0 min? (after more than one hour queued)

@jocon: The server seem to be overwhelmed with work. Keep me up to date if there is still no change in 2-3 hours.

Sometimes we have to be patient :slight_smile:

if the mesh operation is not complete you may seem to have this problem for simulation afterwards

Hi @debroy84863568,

I am checking your project and trying to mesh it myself. I will let you know if I manged to make it work :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Yes i’ve the some problem, i’m waiting for an hour

Hi @cocco,

just be patient. It will probably take some time. I also started a meshing operation and it is queued for half an hour now. Check it later or tomorrow morning :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Jousef