Session 1 of CFD Master Class

Hi @Milad_Mafi, @pwoll is right, and we are also missing the region refinement for the Cyclinder-Outer, I can see that it’s not refined in the meshe images neither.

Best, ML

Hello @Milad_Mafi sir,
I am facing an error showing this is not a public project and hence it does not allow me to mesh. I tried it couple of times but still I am unable to start the meshing. It would be great if you could please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek

Hi Abhishek,

Go to project properties and make it public. Hope this should work.

Actions>Edit project properties.

Regards
Pramod

2 Likes

Hi Pramod,
Thanks for the help. I edited that but there is another issue. Since I had tried using the start button, it is now showing the stop symbol and on pressing it nothing happens. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek

Hi Pramod,

I figured it out and now the mesh operation has started. Thanks again!!

Regards,
Abhishek

Hi,

Have you gotten the right results for the layered mesh with the setting above?
I adopted a setting just a little different for the LE2, but my layered mesh gave me basically the same result.

Best,
Pedro Paulo.

Hi @pedro_brito,

Comparing my mesh to the picture I see no difference, I did find the feature refinement gave me an error have you found the same?

Darren

Hi @Milad_Mafi @AnnaFless ,

everytime I try to mesh, the following message comes up:

The maximum run time of this job would exceed your computation quota. You can try to adjust the settings of the operation and to restart it

It is like I would need to upload my account, but I don’t really understand it, I’ve been using it for three days. Anyway, any ideas?

This is the link of my project: https://www.simscale.com/workbench?publiclink=6f0df4a4-8fe6-4205-a1bc-d37b65d70156

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

My mesh with layers gave me the ans. Cannot Fetch Results several times during the simulation and comparing the plot convergence, the result was basically the same as the mesh with no layers.

Pedro Paulo.

Hi,

Do we need to do some post processing work or the homework stops after we run the 2 simulations ?

Thank you in advance,

Sebastian

Hi,
I have a problem to generate mesh with layers. Anybody can take a look on this? Did anybody have the same problem?

Thanks in advance!

hi @mmlot,

Which one are you having trouble with? just loaded the layers one and couldn’t see an error? noticed you’re missing a few refinements on the last one, though.

Cheers,
Darren

Hi @1318980
I have problem with boundary layers mesh. It is second mesh named “Airfoil-NACA0012 layered mesh 1”. I cannot create boundary layers there. I think I did everything as in tutorial but mesh is generated without boundary layers.

Hi @mmlot,

Just realised I got an error in my mesh this time around, looking into it… the only change I made was to add feature refinement.

ill remove and see if I still get my layers.

Hi @mmlot,

for some reason you have this in your mesh log under errors:

faces with face-decomposition tet quality < 1e+30 : 9569015

I dont evan have this in my mesh log I’m trying to see why this is happening but I’m guessing it has something to do with your problem.

Hi @mmlot,

I didn’t change my mintetquality to 1e-30. I can’t say if your meant to change it to 1e-30 however if you leave at the default -1e-30 (off) then this solves your problem and it meshes with layers.

I also noticed that your surface refinement was for all faces, in the step by step you do it by volume however if your doing by faces id be tempted just to do the face that will affect the mesh (the wing surface not the ends)

Hope this helps and maybe @Milad_Mafi will comment and put things straight tomoz but this should get you to the simulation stages.

Darren

Thank you @1318980 for your help. My mistake was to write 1e+30 instead of 1e-30 as it was in tutorial. It is all right after fixing it.
Regarding the volume I had an error that I cannot select volume for surface refinement.

Thanks again! Have a nice evening!
Michal

1 Like

@mmlot Its always the tiny mistakes, I wasted so much sim time on silly mistakes… like that time I rotated a wind turbine the wrong way… face palm! :slight_smile:

You also have a good evening,
Darren

1 Like

Hi,

Did you got the photos, and/or information of the Region-TE2 or did you use these:

Thanks!!

Hello,

There is no photo for Mesh Refinements for Region LE2, should we use the same as for TE2?