'Static Analysis of a Shaft under a Torque load' simulation project by stadlerj

I created a new simulation project called 'Static Analysis of a Shaft under a Torque load':

In this project a static analysis of a shaft under a torque load is demonstrated.

More of my public projects can be found here.

For detailed study please go to Circular Shaft Under Torque documentation.

The shaft was first meshed with the parametrized tetrahedralization algorithm on the SimScale platform. This resulted in one mesh with linear elements and one with quadratic elements. The mesh with the linear elements is shown below.

In addtion to that two structured meshes with hexahedral elements were created locally. The linear one is shown below.

A static analysis was carried out and the results were compared to an analytical solution. This was made for both toolboxes CalculiX and Code_Aster.

Hey, I'm hoping you can help me, I'm new to the platform and I am having trouble inserting the torque boundary condition in my model, I can't seem to find it.

Thank you in advance!

Hi @aestrada!

Can you please create a post in the Project Support section of this forum along with a detailed description of your problem (pictures, error messages etc.). We try to help you there!

Best,

Jousef